Sicily is certainly among the most fascinating regions of Italy, both from a landscape and naturalistic point of view and as regards the history, the art and the culinary traditions.
Guided by an ornithologist, we will explore some of the most interesting wetlands for birdwatchers and nature photographers, home to multiple species of water birds and a strategic point for migratory birdlife.
Always a meeting point for Mediterranean civilizations, the island boasts an unrivaled cultural and food and wine heritage. We will take advantage of our stay to taste unique dishes and products and, after birdwatching on the slopes of Etna, we will relax with a well-deserved tasting at a local winery.
- Vendicari Reserve
- Priolo saltpans
- Ponte Barca Reserve
- Cavagrande Reserve
More than 60 species of Birds, including: Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus), Eurasian Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia), Glossy Ibis (Plegadis falcinellus), Eurasian Stone-curlew (Burhinus oedicnemus), Audouin’s Gull (Ichthyaetus audouinii), Slender-billed Gull (Chroicocephalus genei), Western Swamphen (Porphyrio porphyrio), Spectacled Warbler (Sylvia conspicillata), Unspotted Starling (Sturnus unicolor).
Sicily boasts, as regards herpetofauna, endemic and extremely interesting species, among them: Sicilian Green Toad (Bufotes boulengeri siculus), Mediterranean Painted Frog (Discoglossus pictus), Ocellated Skink (Chalcides ocellatus), Sicilian Wall Lizard (Podarcis waglerianianus).
For macrophotography enthusiasts, an incredible number of invertebrates (mainly butterflies, dragonflies and beetles) and wild flowers.
- Day 1: Appointment at Catania Airport. Transfer to Catania and free visit of the city. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 2: Breakfast. Transfer to the countryside of Syracuse. Exploration of Cavagrande Reserve. Birdwatching in Priolo Saltpans and Magnisi Peninsula. Transfer to Syracuse. Free visit of the city, dinner and overnight.
- Day 3: Breakfast. Transer to Vendicari Nature Reserve and birdwatching. Transer to Noto and free visit of the city. Transer to Syracuse. Free visit of the city, dinner and overnight.
- Day 4: Breakfast. Transfer to the slopes of Mount Etna. Exploration of the area and winery visit with tasting of typical products. Transfer to Catania Airport.
This schedule is purely indicative and can be modified according to customer needs.
From 700 €*
* variable rate based on number of participants and overnight stay (single room for single travelers, double for couples and cohabiting partners).
For more information contact the organizers.
What is included:
- Overnight stays.
- Meals (3 breakfasts, 3 packed lunch, 3 dinners – drinks not included).
- Internal transferts, including fuel, tolls and parking.
- Scientific accompaniment by zoologist for the duration of the trip, with support material for wildlife observations (binoculars, spotting scope, field guides, etc.) – supplied according to anti-Covid19 safety provisions.
- Visit of a vineyard and wine tasting.
- Travel insurance.
What’s not included:
- Flights a/r.
- Entrance to monuments and tips to local guides.
- Everything not mentioned in the previous item.
Possibility to request a quote, with any additional nights, depending on the place of departure and personal needs.
Penalties in the event of cancellation: In case of withdrawal of the contract by the consumer, the penalties are equal to 100% of the entire participation fee, in addition to the non-refundable insurance premiums.
Insurance against cancellation and repatriation costs: It is possible, and indeed advisable, to take out special insurance policies at the time of booking at the organizer’s offices against the costs arising from the cancellation of the package, from accidents or illnesses, which also cover the repatriation costs and for the loss and / or damage of baggage.
Number of participants: Min 1 – max 6
When the minimum group is not reached the entire amount paid will be refunded.
Participants who, for personal reasons, decide not to participate in the event anymore will not be entitled to any refund, except for those who have taken out ad hoc insurance with the agency (for more information contact the organizers).
Reservations within 15 days of the departure date.
Information regarding rates and payment methods will be communicated by email after filling in the request form.
Can’t find the experience of your dreams? Do you want to observe a particular species or visit a specific natural area?
We can create a 100% customized and personalized tour!