A journey to discover the urban biodiversity of some of the most iconic places of Rome. During a ring route, which will include the Colosseum, Villa Celimontana, Circus Maximus, Tiber Island and Imperial Fora, participants will understand that there are dozens of animal species who share city spaces with us.
Guided by an ornithologist, we will discover the importance of urban green for birdlife, both for breeding and migratory species. We will learn about the most characteristic birds of urban areas, but also those who prefer river environments that have found an ideal habitat along the Tiber. The main focus is on birdwatching but there will be opportunities to observe plants and other animals.
- Adults: 10 €
- Children from 6 to 10 years: 5 €
- Children under 6: Free
FAMILY DISCOUNT: For family groups over 3 people, there is a 20% discount on the total.
We recommend that you come with: comfortable shoes, hat, water bottle, binoculars.
To facilitate birdlife observations, optics and field guides (properly sanitized) will be made available to participants.
- Groups with a maximum number of 15 participants.
- Cancel your participation in case of body temperature equal to or higher than 37 ° C.
- Keep the minimum distance of at least 2 meters.
- Permanent use of reusable mask (worn well) during stops is mandatory.
- Bring disinfectant gel with you.
- Reservations required through our website.
- Bring the exact participation fee with you.
- It is recommended to bring binoculars with you. Although limited in number, optical material will be made available, sterilized before and after the activity, for individual use.
- In birdwatching and wildlife observation activities that involve the use of the spotting scope, this will be made available avoiding approaching the lenses.
- In case of carpooling (car passage to reach the meeting place), the number of passengers will be limited to two per row of seats. The vehicle will be disinfected after each excursion.
Number of participants: minimum 3 – maximum 15
Once the minimum number of participants has been reached, they will be contacted and informed of the event activation. Registration open before 14:00 on the previous day.
Participants will be entered on a nominal list and welcomed at 09:00 at the beginning of Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano (check the meeting place on Google Maps!)
Can’t find the experience of your dreams? Do you want to observe a particular species or visit a specific natural area?
We can create a 100% customized and personalized tour!