The Sorbo valley is undoubtedly among the most interesting places from a naturalistic point of view of the Veio Park. This is characterized by gently undulating tufaceous plateaus and narrow valleys dug by the constant action of the waters and colonized by woods, which are opposed to wide pastures where wild horses live undisturbed in the wild.
It is precisely this variety of environments that manages to host multiple protected species, including Amphibians, Reptiles and Birds, as well as strips of relict vegetation and endemisms, including the Northern Spectacled Salamander and the Etruscan Goby.
Along the hike, accompanied by a professional zoologist, we will explore this treasure trove of biodiversity a few steps from the capital, focusing on birdwatching and on the search for other animals that find an ideal habitat in these environments.
Interested in birdwatching? Take a look at our private day trips departing from Rome!
- Adults: 15 €
- Children from 6 to 10 years: 8 €
- Children under 6: Free
FAMILY DISCOUNT: For family groups over 3 people, there is a 20% discount on the total.
We recommend that you come with: comfortable shoes, long pants, hat, water bottle, binoculars.
To facilitate birdlife observations, optics and field guides (properly sanitized) will be made available to participants.
- Groups with a maximum number of 15 participants.
- Cancel your participation in case of body temperature equal to or higher than 37 ° C.
- Keep the minimum distance of at least 2 meters.
- Permanent use of reusable mask (worn well) during stops is mandatory.
- Bring disinfectant gel with you.
- Reservations required through our website.
- Bring the exact participation fee with you.
- It is recommended to bring binoculars with you. Although limited in number, optical material will be made available, sterilized before and after the activity, for individual use.
- In birdwatching and wildlife observation activities that involve the use of the spotting scope, this will be made available avoiding approaching the lenses.
- In case of carpooling (car passage to reach the meeting place), the number of passengers will be limited to two per row of seats. The vehicle will be disinfected after each excursion.
Number of participants: minimum 3 – maximum 15
Once the minimum number of participants has been reached, they will be contacted and informed of the event activation. Registration open before 14:00 on the previous day.
Participants will be entered on a nominal list and welcomed at 09:30 on Via del Sorbo, Formello (check the meeting place on Google Maps!)
Can’t find the experience of your dreams? Do you want to observe a particular species or visit a specific natural area?
We can create a tailor-made tour for you!