Excursion to the highest peaks of the Martani mountains, in search of the most symbolic species of fauna and flora of the central Apennines.
Accompanied by Riccardo Mattea, zoologist, wildlife photographer and environmental hiking guide, we will have the opportunity to walk across unspoiled paths, starting from the ancient church of Sant’Onofrio and crossing beech and holm oak forests, until reaching the highest peak of the mountain of Cesi, the Torre Maggiore mountain.
The peculiarity of the karst formations of this mountain and its vegetation makes it distinguishable from the neighboring ones, closing the Martani mountains above the Terni basin with a vaguely dolomitic aspect. These characteristics have allowed species such as the Italian Wolf, the Short-toed Eagle and the endemic Northern Spectacled Salamander to survive in this area despite the proximity to the city of Terni and the semi-arid climate that occurs in summer.
Along its suggestive paths we will meet ancient stone temples, cyclopean walls, fountains, Romanesque churches and medieval ruins for a real naturalistic and historical immersion.
With the competence and knowledge of our guide, we will be able to identify various animal and plant species and also approach nature photography thanks to his advice.
Difference in altitude: +360m
Maximum altitude: 1120m
Duration: about 4,5 hours (stop excluded)
- Adults: 15 €
- Children from 6 to 10 years: 8 €
- Children under 6: Free
FAMILY DISCOUNT: For family groups over 3 people, there is a 20% discount on the total.
Equipment required: hiking boots, backpack, at least 1.5 liters of water, suitable and waterproof clothing.
Recommended equipment: camera and accessories, trekking poles, sunscreen, binoculars.
Possibility of binoculars reservation at no additional cost.
- Groups with a maximum number of 15 participants.
- Cancel your participation in case of body temperature equal to or higher than 37 ° C.
- Keep the minimum distance of at least 2 meters.
- Permanent use of reusable mask (worn well) during stops is mandatory.
- Bring disinfectant gel with you.
- Reservations required through our website.
- Bring the exact participation fee with you.
- In case of carpooling (car passage to reach the meeting place), the number of passengers will be limited to two per row of seats. The vehicle will be disinfected after each excursion.
Number of participants: minimum 3 – maximum 15
Once the minimum number of participants has been reached, they will be contacted and informed of the event activation. Registration open before 14:00 on the previous day.
Participants will be entered on a nominal list and welcomed at 08:30 at Sant’Erasmo Church, Cesi (check the meeting place on Google Maps!)
Can’t find the experience of your dreams? Do you want to observe a particular species or visit a specific natural area?
We can create a tailor-made tour for you!